We went to a great Fourth of July BBQ yesterday with some good friends and I got to bring drinks! Of course, strawberries were lingering on my counter, and I whipped up a batch of this strawberry lemonade. I made one version for the kids, and another for the grown ups (I think I drank about half of that one myself). Both were a huge hit!
I didn’t tell anyone how easy it is to make, and neither do you. It honestly took me about 5 minutes to make this before we left, and I stored it in some mason jars for safe travels.
- Wash and hull 1 pound strawberries
- Juice 4 lemons
- 1/2 cup sugar (you can also use honey!)
- Combine all of the above in a blender with 5 cups water and blend until smooth
- If you do not like the seeds, you can strain the mixture
- Serve cold over ice. Garnish with slices of strawberries.
- Can be stored in the fridge covered for up to three days
Stay tuned tomorrow for some SPIKED strawberry lemonade! It’s time for the grown up drinks to come out!
This is the third installment in the Week of the Strawberry. Follow me on Facebook, or via email to be notified when the next recipe is posted. You can also check out my “strawberries” board on Pinterest to see more.
This post shared on these great blogs